Sunday, February 1, 2015

January/February 2015 Stitch Fix

Stitch Fix #12... I've been with this company for a year now, and I can't imagine cancelling my subscription anytime soon!

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my intro post. Here's my past fixes (that I've put up on this blog):

December 2014
January 2015

In case you're wondering why my title is between two months, it's because I received this Stitch Fix a couple days ago. I have a monthly subscription, but they like my shipments to arrive on Thursdays, which means they come in just under a month.

I guess that just makes this month extra special. :)

So, for my end of the month Stitch Fix, I received:

Queensland Dolman Jersey Top:
Ahhhh... Stitch Fix dolman tops are so comfortable! This one is no exception. I feel like I'm in my PJs when I wear these, but I think they dress things up nicely.

Also, I love wearing darker colors in winter. I know a lot of people like to "brighten" their mood by wearing brighter colors, but me... I'm all about seasons. I love winter. Even though it's frigid outside and New England was hit by major snowstorms recently, I think winter is one of the most beautiful seasons. Unlike the frenetic energy of reproducing and growing in the spring and summer, winter is when the world outside slows down to sleep. Winter is when the world becomes peaceful... all wrapped in a sparkling layer of ice. It may be a cruel beauty, but I can enjoy it inside, cuddled under a blanket and sipping hot cocoa.

So yes, I like celebrating winter and its darker colors. Winter is, imho, one of the most under appreciated seasons.

Verdict: KEPT

Farrow Lace Panel Top:
This is actually my favorite piece in this box. I love cream/white tops and I love lace. This combines them all.

However, fellow Stitch Fixers, this is not a sweater. It's a thin fabric, and you'll have to wear something underneath. I don't mind this, since New England reacts to cold weather by cranking up the heating way too much. In fact, I asked Stitch Fix for help in dealing with the temperature extremes between the cold outside air and overly heated building interiors. This is a really nice base layer for that purpose.

And the details are just gorgeous...
Criss cross back
Side lace detail. Excuse the cat food bag. :)
Verdict: KEPT

Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse:
I think this top looks more flattering in person. It's a top that I've seen a lot of other Stitch Fixers get, but I hadn't received one until now. I'm so happy I did, because it's a cute top. I've been obsessed with pleating for some reason recently, and the front of this top has pleating. I also asked for 3/4 sleeve tops, so thanks for listening to me Stitch Fix!

You can also make this work for work.

Verdict: KEPT

Maureen Twisted Seam Elbow Patch Sweater:
This is also a sweater that I think looks better in person. I'm not entirely sure it flatters me, but my boyfriend said I looked fine in it, so it's probably ok. It's totally my style - my boyfriend is not a fan of elbow patches, but I like them for some reason. I also love the fabric on this sweater, and it's, most importantly, very soft and comfortable.

This was the only piece in my box that I was unsure of, but I ended up keeping this to get the 25% discount. Don't worry though. It'll get worn!

Verdict: KEPT

Tina Checkered Infinity Scarf:
This scarf is oh. so. soft. It's also warm. And soft! Did I mention it's soft?!

I love the plaid, I love the colors, and I love infinity scarves. This one was mine as soon as I took it out of the box.

Verdict: KEPT

Conclusion:
Wow Stitch Fix! Once again, I'm keeping the whole box. My stylist seems to know my style, even though I'm not sure I had a style before I started Stitch Fix. After a year of providing feedback and pinning things on my Pinterest board, Stitch Fix has helped me find my personal image as well as some great pieces. And that's a gift I can take shopping with me!

1 comment: